Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Magnepan 1.7s (black fabric / silver sides)

I now have a set of Magneopan 1.7s in my study where I used to have a set of Magnepan mC1s + 2 Dynaudio subs. The Magnepan 1.7s are very different - more filled out from top to bottom than the MC1s + subs were. It feels as if the music snuggles up to you and place you in the middle of it rather than having you listen from the sideline. I am very happy about it.My wife, who has said that the Magnepans will never come into our livinroom has heard what they can do, and now seems closer to thinking that keeping such enjoyable speakers in my small study is rather a pity. For now I'm playing coy ...

In my study with the magnepan 1.7s I have a set of ancient Naim: Bolt down Nac 12 (dual railed + Alps/Snaps PSU + Nap 160. This set-up has plenty of juice to fill my study with glorious music. Later this month I will get a Nap 32 back from service, and in that I plan to put some newly made Ryan Sound Lb boards that should lift the performance of the pre to Nac 82 levels. I will see.

In my livingroom there are only a set of homeless Linn Ninkas + a 2 way Linn Aktiv Tunebox. They will have to go. I have sold my Naim Nac 252 + 2 x Nap 200 set-up, and are now awaiting John Westlake's LakeWest VFET-amps + LakeWest MDAC2 L3 DAC( used as Pre). They won't be here for another 3-4 months. But then I have my dream set-up (I hope): CAPS Music Player + LakeWest MDAC2 + LakeWest VFET + Magnepan 1.7s or Magnepan MC1 + 2 Dynaudio subs. I know which Magnepan I would prefer to have in there.

I live in Aarhus, Denmark by the way. I'm 52 on Nov. 11, so about time that my dream set-up came my way.

Kind regards,
Peter
With his beautiful mind, he created
Vast figments of their lost imagination

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Magnepan 1.7s (black fabric / silver sides) - Rosewind 04:54:47 11/06/14 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.