Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: This argument smacks of some engineers' belief that if they can't measure it...

Wow! Easy there now!
I truly hope that You read what I wrote or at least understood it.
What I repeated from Davey was that anything that anyone is saying that they can hear and BREAKS the rules of physical laws should and are questioned.

What You are discussing is subjective impression and is HIGHLY questionable as it comes down to individuals and therefore I could easily state any impression I want without any jury being able or having the authority to question my impression.
This is why I took the liberty of test known speakers against each other in my own room with the same equipment.
This based on my own occupation as a calibration engineer.
I am constantly irritated when I read about some tests on some speakers that in REALITY are inferior to other that got lesser listening testimonial.
Yes, we must/almost forced to trust audio reviewers sometimes and sometimes they are actually perfectly right.
But at the same time, they are HUMAN with all that comes with just being that.
That is why impressions are not to be taken as absolute facts.
Why do You think the expression "Snake oil" is used in the audio community?

And I also said that audio has not seen its bottom line yet in measuring and will probably be adding to some physics. Who knows, right?
But breaking them? Hell no!

Cheers!

The one who succeeded was the one who didn't know it was impossible.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: This argument smacks of some engineers' belief that if they can't measure it... - JLindborg 12:12:54 11/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.