Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Have you listened?

You've missed the point. I don't discount subjective evaluation but view it as just one part of evaluation. I listen to things subjectively also, but I don't dismiss objective evaluation in spite of it. Can the inverse be true as well? :)

A subjective evaluation doesn't necessarily define a situation that inspires/requires further objective testing to find the reason. (That thinking is where you run off on a tangent.)
Some (not all) subjective evaluations regarding certain components and/or conclusions can be immediately rejected because of various reasons. Maybe physical laws are being broken.....maybe Ohm's Law is being broken.....maybe a misunderstanding of how a voltage source works.....etc, etc. When I see a conclusion that would require one of those things to happen, I raise my eyebrow.
I believe Ric hears a difference with inductor connection direction. The issue is how he explains it.

When I see statements like "the only real knowledge is listening," there's not much to do but shake my head. Statements like that indicate a closed mind.....yet in this particular thread it's funny because I'll be the one accused of closed-mindedness. How surreal is that? :)

Cheers,

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.