Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Mini maggie / DWM crossover?

Hello everybody,

I've recently bought a mini maggie system and an additional DWM woofer intending to use them as a pair of room speakers (My room is not big and I concluded it is at best marginal to accommodate 1.7s, less than 15" x 10"). Because I don't have stands for minis right now, I just put them on my desktop (with some books to level them up to ears) and put DWMs under my desk. They sound great even with this casual setting, minis produce 3D images very easily. I believe they will improve by in room setting above some proper stands. Sorry for a long background.

So I'm now considering other upgrade paths. I've heard of Magnepan's crossover building before but it is yet a bit puzzling to see electrolytic caps and cement registers in such a good sounding speaker. So I'm feeling urge to replace the parts of the built in crossovers of the mini and DWM. I've found some schematics of bigger Magnepans including 1.7, but it looks like that there is no known schematic of the mini and DWM. Maybe disassembling speakers to get parts values is possible but I'd like to hear others' voices. Anyone who has same idea to mine and tried something before me? Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Edits: 10/15/14 10/15/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Mini maggie / DWM crossover? - gracky 23:22:49 10/15/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.