Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

thanks...

Have heard of the walk around method, just have never tried it...

If you look at my pics, I have quite a bit blue painters tape on the floor...some of those are Maggie placement and some are sub placements...

I have kept a pretty good grid and the results documented...my notes have been ongoing from when I moved in last September...

My evaluations have not been done quickly, when changes are subtle, I will let it ride 2-6 weeks before changing things...I typically will follow my steps backwards to confirm my findings...As of yesterday, my subs are turned off...I was listening today, got up and checked to make sure the subs were shut-off, (my old feeble brain plays tricks on me at times), because the bass seemed unusually deep today...the 3.7's are no slouch without any bass augmentation...tight, tuneful and fast...

The subs add more of 3D sense of space, more visceral presentation, but it is such a fine line between bass and bloat...as the pictures show, they are barely turned up...

Thanks again Rickey...it is going to be a long winter here in the great white north...so plenty of time to dance with the subs in my room...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • thanks... - Mark Man 20:20:44 10/07/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.