Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Strange but true subwoofer tales...

Sadie...ok I am not yelling, my responses are in caps...
Thanks for chiming in Sadie...

Are you saying that in the best position you had the following:

1. Increased 3D imaging...YES..BUT NOT CONSISTENTLY...

2. Voices with more body but slightly thickened? YES...MATERIAL DEPENDENT...AGAIN

3. There was a loss of clarity with the bass boost but less impact without it...YES...THIS ONE IS BIG TRADE-OFF...

4. Your woofers seemed to be insufficient?...YES, THAT WAS THE GENERAL CONCLUSION...WORKED FINE WITH 1.6'S IN MEDIUM ROOM, NO WHERE NEAR AS WELL WITH THE 3.7'S...

The reason I showed the settings on the subs...was that they are "barely" turned up...

You are correct on the subs angle towards the outside walls...it is more like 35-40 degrees...me bad on the 45 degrees...still playing with this some...

When I said strange but true, it was when the subs were flush with the front of the speakers...it had such a NEGATIVE effect in the upper register...my small brain attributes this to the dispersion of the ribbon tweeter...I was curious if anyone else has heard this effect???

Mentioning the REL G2's, is pie-in-the-sky at this point...if my living situation, small condo, was different and I had a big enough room, the G2's are on the short list...NOT happening in current habitat...new DAC and Server are next on the major upgrades...last year upgrades were, Pre, Amp and Speakers...

thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.