Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Are my ears really that sensitive?

Many thanks for the info, sound really good. I need to start using this. I bet there are lots of guides online to REW but is there anything specific you would recommend reading?

It's great that computer sound cards are probably ok for the job, or if not I could just get a 0404 USB. Had one before for use with the Hauptwerk organ system and they are pretty cheap. Guess I will have to find a place in the Uk selling a decent calibrated mic for the job.

In the meantime I was perhaps thinking a bit too far with the idea of putting an extra inductor in the midrange LP internal XO of my MGiiia. Another simpler solution might be an internal crossover more like the 20 or 20.1, increasing the existing midrange inductor to a higher value of around 0.7 to 1.1 mH. This would probably also help the 1-3 KHz peak. I can easily change the tweeter cap to 10 uF for this to be more like the MG 20 crossover. I'm not sure how this type of crossover would blend with the stock MGiiia external crossover though as that is 2nd order HP whereas the mg20/20.1 external is first order.

I already have some made up 0.74 mH inductors I could use for this so it very easy to try and see how it sounds.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.