Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MMG-W buzzing

That's what I mean, yes. At this point you can start to glue back on just the segments that need it.

Hmmm, perhaps I should have not erased some stuff that I wrote and then edited out. Here are a few that remained in the paste buffer.
-- Clean the Mylar under each wire to be reglued with acetone but keep the good areas untouched. Carefully -- and on a fully horrizontal level -- acetone-moist cotton swabs and thin brushes can help to contain the treatment areas. You don't want the acetone running up to -- and weakening -- other good areas. I do the same cleanup with acetone under each segment of wire to be glued...a bit tedious but seemingly worth it.

-- DAP is good and proven. So is E-6000, which I have adopted since Neolith first reported about it a few years ago. Both have worked on my MMGs, which get tremendously abused at times. (and both have failed under some situations. If they do, E-6000 tends to do so more "graciously".)

Taking things slowly at first may reveal issues not yet seen, without aggravating what is good. Unless this speaker suffered a strumming type of trauma across the wires (that you never saw), there's a chance that the remainder of the still-glued sections could be weak anyway. Then, it would have to be a rebuild. Hopefully, this is not the case.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MMG-W buzzing - JBen 19:59:41 09/12/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.