Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Magnepan 3.7i - what changed?

Dave, you're very welcome. My comment about this being a rough crowd was a bit tongue in cheek. We all have the right to believe whatever we wish, as you have done coming to the conclusion that this is a product recall that they are charging for. I disagree, as there is no actual defect in the original 3.7 which was and remains an exceptional speaker in its own right. The original version received much praise and it still performs as well as it ever did. The fact that the company claims to have found a way to improve it and offers it as an upgrade does not justify categorizing it as a recall in my opinion, which would be the case if the original product was found to be unsafe or defective.

I agree with you that it would be nice if they disclosed the details of what the upgrade consists of, but it is their business and they can operate however they wish. I still think it's better that they offer this change as an upgrade rather than only as a new model but maybe others disagree. That would require existing owners wanting the change to sell theirs and purchase a new model. And for those existing owners that are happy with their speakers and question this upgrade, they can keep enjoying the version that they have.

In any case we can agree to disagree about this, but I appreciate your feedback and respect your perspective. That's what forums like this are for, and we can all learn from each other along the way.

Let's enjoy the tunes, that's what we're all in this for!

All the best,

- Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Magnepan 3.7i - what changed? - Bill_k 19:28:43 09/12/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.