Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: A thank you and a question

GLs system with original MG20s sounds really great.

Read a post on this forum in the past (can't find it offhand) from a guy who upgraded from MG20 to 20.1 but preferred the midrange on the original MG20. It's possible that the push pull midrange of the 20.1 causes this to an extant as the magnets are in the way, but the slightly different 20.1 crossover is also a little less prominent in the mids. (At lead electrically)

There is considerable change in both crossovers and some specs of drivers from 3.6 to .3.7 in the 3 series and similar in the 20 series. (20.1 to 20.7). The crossover is all first order in the 3.7 and 20.7 which is difficult to do without IMD. Making this work involves changing the driver tension (and maybe sensitivity too, not sure about that) , and the 3.7 and 20.7 also use lighter QR aluminium foil instead of heavier aluminium wires in the old models (though the 20.1 has QR midrange), so yes the drivers are quite different. The 3.7i and 20.7 are probably quite a bit better (not heard them myself. ) but the prices are higher!

To Green Lantern , just wanted to ask. Have you ever had any delam problems with your MG20s? Would love to get a pair (or 20.1s) but am in the UK and there is no way to send back to Magnepan for repair.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.