Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

A thank you and a question

I have a couple of audio buddies with interest in Maggies, including one who considered the MG-20.x a few years ago but decided not to because he felt his room was too small. So having heard and been impressed by Green Lantern's MG-20s I ask to bring my friends over to audition them. GL graciously invited us and my friends were delighted by his system. So "thanks" for providing the audition Green Lantern.

However, a question came up between songs during the audition. What are the basic differences in the MG 1.x, 3.x, and 20.x as they've evolved from say the .1 to the .6 to the .7? Any differences in the drivers? It seems the crossovers are the most likely differences. If so, in Green Lantern's case he is utilizing an external Marchand crossover, would there be any difference if he owned 20.1 or 20.7 in place or the earlier MG-20s?

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

Edits: 09/12/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - A thank you and a question - M3 lover 16:16:39 09/12/14 (43)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.