Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad 303 - YES

Yes I'm still following - it's an amazing lesson in audiophilia that soooo many people - even Quad owners - don't even bother trying the 303, and are probably so hypnotized by all the expensive sexy products out there that even when they do, their mind placebo's them that it can't be any good. You should have seen the relief on my face when I first hooked it up to my 63's - there was the ghost of my 57's with an extra octave of bass plus dynamics, basking in midrange beauty - with no *&^%*#$^ tubes - who needs it!

I've actually come to the belief now that Peter Walker was even more of a genius at designing amplifers than speakers - because the 606 in my massive room is as far as I can see a perfect amplifier, and it's a unique topology in the industry. For an amp that powerful to be simultaneously so fast and delicate with PRAT to die for - wow. I misjudged it for many, many years until I got it into a big room. I don't even play it loud, it's just the sheer image size. But for 57's and 63's in a smaller room it would still be the 303 for me - they can take the bit of midrange glorification of the 303 perfectly in stride to great effect.

The best news is both 303 and 606 absolutely radiate with my Creek OBH-12 - takes preamplifiers right off the table. Who needs it! They can truly reveal your source too - I've seen the Blue Circle USB thingee fall on it's face, but in a big room with my Creek+606 - $100 source that makes music and still puts on an imaging extravaganza. My micromega mydac is in the closet! Not so sure about it with 57's though, I think I rejected it there - different room though.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.