Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The Power of Suggestion

I asked for module to be provided as per Magnepan's suggestions which appear in the Tympani IV-A Instruction Manual.

Not in the least being a techie, that information is like a foreign language to me. The manual states to set your electronic crossover in the following way, "Low Pass: -3dB at 250 Hz at 18db per octave (Butterworth) High Pass: -3dB at 400 Hz at 12dB per octave". Mr. Marchand appeared to be familiar with my needs and speaker, so I was happy being able to leave it all up to him.

If you might be so kind as to add to that, and/or improve upon it in any way or in greater specificity, I'd be very much appreciative. I'd certainly ask Mr. Marchand to put together another module for me, and I'd be most happy to listen to it (even if that module comes out being exactly like the one I already have and am using).

The XO-1 capacitors were kindly selected and installed by Magnepan's service department, after I provided them with the impedance values of the amps I would be using. Once again, I'm too dumb in that area to appreciate anything about the "quality" of the capacitors they have selected to use. Even if I were to purchase better capacitors, I'd have to go back to Magnepan to ask them to solder them in for me. So, I guess I'm kinda stuck.

It's like the car I drive, I wouldn't be found dead appearing at my dealer asking for higher quality parts. Yet I manage to still both listen to music and drive a car. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.