Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "So, could anyone please shed light on how to pull socks on 20r"?

AndyR wrote:
"So re-laying mid wires on a 20R is definitely feasible for a DIYer."

I doubt, think there are some crossbars across (some parts of the sheet metal is left there) the midrange driver, not giving easy access to the foil conductor. I have a picture somewhere...

To open these push-pull driver(s) some re-engineering will be need. Some sort of jig that hold the two halves (front and rear perforated sheet metal with the magnets) in position while the rivets are drilled out and then let you pry the two halves apart. Without the rivets, the two halves will slide sideways and probably destroy the Mylar. I have no idea of how to hold the halves in place on a suitable jig. Magnepan use a jig with hinges in production. I think Magnepan just pry them apart and rebuild the driver with new Mylar/wiring. I would be surpriced if they just send you a new driver without the old driver in exchange. They will not do that for any other model as far as I know, except the ribbon tweeters. It would make rebuilding old Magnepan speakers a lot easier if we could just change the driver without sending the whole speaker! The drivers can be placed in a rigid box giving tesl protection, not the cardboard boxes Magnepan uses...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "So, could anyone please shed light on how to pull socks on 20r"? - Roger Gustavsson 09:41:55 09/06/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.