Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

mg20r buzzing, is it aluminum wire? how to pull socks?

Well, I triamped last year, and it sounded great. But I've always had a "knock" coming from the bass panel when I push it with low stuff, I can avoid that by only sending 40hz and up at 18db slope. but sort of defeats purpose here of big Maggie. Anyway, now I get a loud buzzing from top of bass panel, also at low freqs, but sounds like around 70hz to me.
I haven't done a sweep, but its clear its the dreaded delamination. I had witnessed first hand the job on Tympani 1d at my buds house. I'm thinking 20r doesn't use the same aluminum wire, but rather looks like wide bands of some kind...but maybe that's the magnet. So, clearly I need a plan. not looking forward to buying boxes, paying heavy freight, and paying Maggie a ton of money to repair these. The worst part is the trying to move and box these. And these didn't come with boxes. Oh yes, I am using mye stands, and there is no torque whatsoever on the frames. And yes, the triamping really brought these guys into the next level. I'm using DEQX, with jenson transformer output board for xlr. Crown K2 for bottom, ICE power H20s250 for mids, and direct digital Newforce DDA-100 for tweets, and sometimes Nightshade NS-50 tubes for tweet using single ended connection. Has run nicely like this for a year. No fuses, direct to driver connections. The xover is DEQX latest HDP-4. They gave me a great deal to upgrade from my HDP-3.
So, could anyone please shed light on how to pull socks on 20r, maybe construction of bass panels conductors, repair hints, possible 2nd source to repair/upgrade besides Magnepan maybe? I'm in NJ USA area. Please? Thx

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - mg20r buzzing, is it aluminum wire? how to pull socks? - Blaine H 16:06:47 09/05/14 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.