Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Location, location, location

I'll leave the other stuff for later and/or for others; but regarding the fuses, please consider this for now.

For reference, QR tweeters are pretty darn strong. My MMGs have always had the fuses off*. These days, each tweeter has well over 200 watts of power connected directly (under line-level bi-amping). Despite my dumb errors in the past (full range signals by accident) they are merrily tweeting on.

If you cannot hear a difference between the current fuse and a straight wire in its place, worry not. Leave the fuse on. OTOH, if you do like it more without the fuse, you can leave it off at this stage and keep the wire. Then you could perhaps invest on high-end fuses. They are pricey and will be overkill in most cases. That said, you do live in Europe...replacing or fixing the 12's is not as easy as it is here.

*(this may not be wise or advisable on the high-end true ribbon tweeters. Still, some of our inmates do run true ribbons without a fuse...very carefully!)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Location, location, location - JBen 14:22:04 09/04/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.