Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Schiit SYS passive pre-amp

Amen, Neo! I had a Loki for a short while here on loan several weeks ago. If I solve an issue (brought by the planned adoption of full-time passive preamp) I'll buy one. I am even looking into doing a tweak or two on it already, LOL! (nothing fancy...caps tend to be low-hanging fruit).

The SYS passive preamp has turned out to be yet another surprise. OG42 kept bugging me about how good and cheap it is. Since I have a friend's passive preamp here while they fix his power amp, I knew I would have to return it soon. So, I ordered the SYS, fully expecting to be underwhelmed.

It arrived this past weekend...and it has been overwhelmingly great for the price. For less than 1/10 the price of the other one I have here, it has virtually matched the SQ in almost all directions. I take my hat off to them. The ALPS pot may not last as long as the individual resistors in a stepped attenuator. Yet, it sure has advanced tremendously in clarity and ability to retain full imaging attributes. The SYS' two inputs are too few for my needs but I plan to keep it in the loop while I save for an upgrade later. (It actually is slightly better than the other one for...the other thing :-)) Anyway, I really like Schiit's tendency to understate the potential of their gear...and even mock themselves.

This unit is an affordable way for many to tests the waters of a cleaner signal path to their power amps, and be delighted by the extra SQ that will often result.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Schiit SYS passive pre-amp - JBen 21:47:05 08/28/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.