Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Wimpy NAD vetoed for MMG! How about ARCAM?

It may depend on which one you have in mind. By and large, Arcam makes very good audio. I have yet to hear anything of theirs disappoint me. However, I have never heard Maggies with them. You'd have to ask Arcam if their current lineup is rated for 4ohms. (BTW, MMGs are pretty stable at it, hardly ever go any lower).

A former neighbor had an Arcam Avr 360 receiver hooked up to 5 mid-sized Paradigm speakers and his apartment rocked in surround mode, even with the subwoofer off. So, even with Maggies being less efficient, something like this could work. Like Satie mentioned elsewhere, the subwoofer could help unload stress from the main amps.

This was over a year ago. Arcam must have new models out...perhaps a 360, or higher, is out there looking for a new owner?

Do look into Anthem. Although they were kind of "behind" on the HT part when I last looked at them, their audio is always solid. They may have caught up.

Which reminds me, Emotiva is coming in strong into the HT arena. Can't say that they have what you need but if you look...who knows!

Anyway, we can always go check on your specific candidates.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Wimpy NAD vetoed for MMG! How about ARCAM? - JBen 12:15:46 08/26/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.