Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: So, how is it working ???

Well I haven't had time to test more that two options due to dividing my attention between my newborn, work, and the hideous subframe design on my Jag.

However, the one method I tried is not doing it for me. I paralleled the inputs from the single amp channel and ran the CC2 from the left high pass only (which, as anticipated was handled with ease by the Sunfire Sig). This setup actually has too much bass output, and what I am perceiving as a separate problem, which I cannot really verify without schematics, but as I perceive it:

The left channel of the DWM is crossed at 200hz low pass due to me using the high pass on that side. However, the right side seems to be extending to the full 4khz that the DWM of which the DWM is capable due to not using the high pass. At least that's what it sounds like is happening.

My original setup had only the left side in use: amp in left, high pass left to CC2. The bass was slightly low for my taste, but it was clear and in all likelihood matched in output with the CC2. I only started complaining when I found out that the inputs weren't summed, because I cannot stand to see this thing not utilized to its full potential.

Now, however, it sounds like the DWM is overlapping the CC2 in the 200hz-4khz range. Since the CC2 is clearly better at doing this, the lower registers sound a bit unnatural and bloated.

When I get a chance I will set it up in series and see what happens. On a brighter note, I did modify some frame rails so the DWM and CC2 match my Tympani IVa mains. I just took the clamp off yesterday so I will post pictures when I get home from work.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.