Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

DWM and CC2

So I finally got the DWM that I have been craving for so long for my CC2 center channel. It's all hooked up and sounds much better that running my subs high to fill in that 160hz and below that the CC2 won't do.

However, I had always thought that the DWM summed the two inputs. I now realize that I was incorrect, and the fact is that the DWM is a stereo unit with two separate voice coils. That being said, my current configuration of one input in and then high passed to the CC2 is only using half of the DWM.

I can always run the DWM in series and parallel that with the CC2, but I really like the way that the high pass takes the low end stress off the CC2. So my questions are:

- What will be the effect of running the amp to the DWM in series, and running the high pass outputs in series to the CC2?

- Or, what will be the effect if I run the DWM in series, and only use one high pass output to the CC2?

Note, I am using a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature for the center, surrounds, and side speakers, so low impedance should not be an issue as long as the load is above 1ohm.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - DWM and CC2 - methylmarty 08:09:55 08/01/14 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.