Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My First Maggies

The reason for the pair of A-23 is for 3 major, reasons, either ONE of which would be sufficient in and of itself to go the way I went.
1. Speaker Crossover at 600hz, which is near enough the 50:50 power point for governement work. And Since I'm not a 'redline it' guy, it works.
2. Offloaded some of the bass from the panels to a sub. I set the 12db /octave crossover on the preamp (high pass) to about 60hz. This frees up maybe as much as 10% of available amp power from the speaker crossover DOWN.
3. Proposed Passive line level crossover. This will regain yet MORE amp power, since I believe the ESP article on this subject makes perfect sense. I've seen the same reasoning other places.

By the time this is done, I'll have the equivelent of a pair of A-21 with the 'afterburner' effect from another 250 watts or so from 60hz DOWN. Sub crossover set for about 45->50hz.

The ONLY thing missing would be the higher class 'A' output of the A-21 vs the A-23.

I think I've covered all the bases!
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My First Maggies - pictureguy 14:25:35 07/31/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.