Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here is my $.02...

I combined the reply here with the one on the other thread....

As to u shaped sound stage, this IS an element which in varying degrees affects most positions even with the new speakers. Further discussions on the topic are probably constructive, as I am sure others have experienced it. I have eliminated it completely before, though in a wider and larger room.

Here is a description of the problem in minor and major manifestations. In real problem set ups, the issue is that the most depth occurs in the middle and then wraps in closer to the speakers. It is like a horseshoe stage. I can eliminate this effect or stimulate it based upon speaker and seat positioning and toe in.

The more moderate problem is with hard panned recordings of instruments or vocals coming exclusively from one speaker (think mid sixties pop engineered in three way mono). These tend to "collapse" the far left or right channel into the speaker. It isn't so noticeable in seating locations that are further away, but is often, indeed almost always an issue for me in my current room if listening nearfield.

Does anyone else have thoughts or suggestions or tweaks on this issue?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Here is my $.02... - Swamis Cat 09:18:38 07/29/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.