Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Perhaps, the textbooks are wrong. ;-)

Let me try one last time than I'll drop it.
Sure, Distortion for multiple devices drops.
But let me try a thought experiment. Many people say that the way the driver moves FIRST during a drum whack makes a difference. I read about an experiment truncating the first rise of the waveform and it messed up the sound.

I'd submit that a bunch of output devices turning on at what I'll admit are slightly different times DOES make a difference.

I'd like someone to LIST the various distortions which can be measured in a modern amp. I'd suggest that most are measured steady state? no?

It is very difficult to discount the opinion held by many that the lower powered amp in a series where the main difference is 'scale', sounds somewhat better.

A worthwhile experiment would be to thoroughly characterize an amp with off-shelf output devices THAN the SAME amp with devices chosen and highly matched.

I wish Nelson Pass posted here and would insert a few brief comments about output device matching, how many parameters are 'matched' and possible sonic consequences.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.