Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Need Assistance- Accidentally Posted in genric Speaker

Some may recall I threw in the towel on trying to get my 3.5Rs to provide a realistic spl in my room

Been very impressed with the Swan 6.1 Divas + svs sub

well today they got even better, which leads to down this Maggie path.

Please bare with me

I borrowed my buddies W4S 120w amp to hear how it might resemble my own MC 250/500 unopened after getting a clean bill of health from W4S...

(Have been using a Parasound Halo A 23 since pulling the 3.5Rs, and it sounded very nice)

... I am blown away at how real the entire sound stage comes across with the W4S. By far the best example I have heard of system synergy. As real as I have ever heard it, BUT,

He will want his amp back soon.

Do I open the MC amp up, when I only need 2 channels?

Then it dawns on me, the 3.5Rs are sitting against the sidewalls. Can I simulate Maggies own woofers? This is where I am asking for help

The MC 250/500 lends itself perfectly to drive both the Swans and the the 3.5R bass panels

Should I use the OEM XO or...

One of my Behringer XOs has mono- sub controls. (I may have 2 with functioning sub controls.) Hmmmm

Or is there something else I can do on the cheap < $100 to max the maggie as woofer concept

or am I crazy?

I mean I have both the amp and 3.5Rs for sale at ~ $3500 combined. I would probably never act on this idea if the components weren't in my possession

I have a feeling it could be spectacular.

Please chime in

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Need Assistance- Accidentally Posted in genric Speaker - HiOnFi 13:43:21 07/28/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.