Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Mye stands on carpet

Wanted to say another thanks for the warm welcome from the Planar Asylum.

Lots of great info and pics from everyone in this thread. Glad to contribute, instead of just read like I usually do.

I have only been in this hobby seriously since 2007. Twenty years with the same Harmon Kardon integrated amp, HK tape deck(then a Sony 5cd changer), and Advent Baby II bookshelf speakers; before getting bit by the audiophile bug.

One aspect of my solution to my bad floor with the Mye stand spike interface with the wood underfloor and flimsy floor. is the cost I put into solving the problem!!! $$$$ not happy
Probably should have just torn up the carpet and put in a new floor with some insulation for the amount of money...It needs to be done anyway, because the room gets too hot/cold being above the garage.

However, the AurelexGramma/maple block platform was not put together all at once. It started as putting the Rythmik F12's on Aurelex Grammas to fix floor vibration, and see if raising the subs off the floor would be a good thing...And I had some of the Aurlex's already for subs in my downstairs HT....
Then from there, getting fed-up with the way the spikes from the Mye stands were not solidly fitting.

SOOO>.... Seven Aurelex Gramma's at $70 ($490) and $360 for the pair(total, inc.shipping)of 21x21x3 maple platforms from Dawn's Platforms/MichaganMaple.(great deal/service and product BTW).

Almost a grand to fix the problem, but I am very happy with the results, and it also works for a 2nd system with Zu Union speakers I like to use for a couple of months in the cooler fall/winter months.

All the benefits of the Mye stands on the sound of the 1.7's is easily heard and worth the extra. If I had to quantify...maybe 10% improvement in mids/highs and soundstage, and 30% in the bass region. Mye stands are really well made and designed and work well.

Anyway, thanks for reading my random ramblings about my journey so far with the 1.7's and less than ideal floors, and will post some more pics/gear info some other time or another thread. thanks, eb

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mye stands on carpet - eb 22:14:31 07/25/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.