Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here is my $.02...

Thanks Mark,

I really appreciate you putting it in perspective like that with specific comparisons. Anyone else want to weigh in? It would be appreciated!

Btw, I am still having problems finding the perfect spot for my new speakers. I have tried a thousand variations from seven feet to eleven from the front wall and every conceivable distance from the side. Something is still not right with every location.

I got so frustrated that last night I actually moved tweeters out. In 27 years of owning Maggies' I bet I have spent less than one week with tweets out. I decided to concentrate only on timing and driver integration and to try to ignore frequency response. Oddly when I was done with alignment of the bass, mid, tweet, DWM and my sub, I ended with smooth frequency response to boot.

Knowing me, I will try something again tomorrow. I was hoping to have a location dialed in though before replacing my old speakers into the room for a comparison of old vs new.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.