Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

My First Maggies

I now have a good looking set of MGIIA's. My first foray into this type of speaker. Yeah!

I say looking because I really have not tried them as of yet because my amp happens to be in the shop right now.

Okay, what should be my first steps before anything?

I have cleaned them up, getting all the dust and fuzzies off the socks and cleaned off any grime and gunk that existed on the wood and they are overall in good condition cosmetically. I was told they were stored away in a garage or similar for nearly 20 years.

If I hook them up to my smaller vintage receivers for a little testing will it give me an idea of things or will they just not have enough power? (Pioneer SX1000Ta or SX737)

Also the integrated amp I have in the shop I was hoping would run then is the Pioneer SA9100. I am planning on pairing the MGIIa's with a Janis subwoofer which has it's own amp and crossover so I will only be feeding the maggies what the sub does not take.

If you all feel that amp wont be enough, for a quick fix until I can find and afford something significant, there is a THX certified NAD 2400 2 channel amp on local CList at $175.

Thanks all! I just want to make sure I go through this methodically especially since I don't have the amp in service right now anyway and have the opportunity to tinker in preparation.

David

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - My First Maggies - drugolf 07:00:07 07/24/14 (89)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.