Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Mye stands on carpet

Colscot

I also have Mye Stands, (Grant is a great guy...ditto), my brass spikes go into my carpeting about 3/4", from the bottom of the speaker to top of the carpet 1-3/4", with the non-Stealth design...

I have been interested in raising my Maggies giving them a little more height just to see what it does to the sound...I first contacted Grant and asked if he knew where to get a little longer spikes, he did some searching for me, along with myself. The key was finding the proper threads on some longer spikes. I found one type that would work from Music Direct but were way too expensive. So far I have not found anything that would work.

Here are some ideas; try some small washers to act as a stop to not go so deep into the carpet, yet still engage the carpeting...can try the spike sliders for hardwood floors, (I do not if this affects the coupling that Jben spoke of), last but not least ask Grant if he has any ideas...

The attached photo is what I am currently trying...this has raised the speakers to 3-3/4" off the carpeting...the results have been very interesting...need to do more listening before commenting on what I have been hearing...

Good luck on resolving this issue...
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.