Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My room is 11'-8"w X 20'L X 8' HK/Limage position

Currently no toe, perpendicular to the side wall...quick story...

I have been playing with locations and toe in over the last 6 months, keep coming back to Sadie's first location...it is really spooky when they snap into focus...

My listening position, can move 18" window back and fourth, when I am all the back to the partial wall, my ears are to the right of the partial wall, so 10' open behind my head...my right channel has been a little off, as the left channel is ever so slightly stronger...as I was measuring and trying to figure things out, I noticed the inside leg of Mye Audio stands, was about 3/4" askew on the right channel, I loosened the screws, made a slight shift...everything is fine now...

My point being that I heard, that minor shift before I ever saw it...to me that just screams how important that room location is...

As you have clearly stated, your distance off the front wall is all about trade offs and where you are willing to live with them...
thanks again for taking us on your journey...always interesting...
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My room is 11'-8"w X 20'L X 8' HK/Limage position - Mark Man 20:20:32 07/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.