Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Wireless Invisible Acrylic Planer speaker

woof!   While I haven't heard it, but haven't we "seen" this species before?   I think Greensound Technology was the last version.   I forgot the 1st one I "saw" which had a more traditional tranducer IIRC.

Any thin curved acrylic-glass makes a sound when your knuckles gently rap on it just as transducers do.   That glass needs to be corrugated to greatly reduce its color from its break-up eigenmodes.   Furthermore, the edges require some sort damping. just as surrounds on dynamic woofer cones reduce its whizzer cone noise.   Also, those top corners will flap & will have to be greatly clipped/rounded.   THD must be astronomical.

Furthermore, piezoelectrics must be biased to sound good.   I'm not saying they didn't do it, but most don't as it halves its efficiency & dynamic-range.   One would need to employ twice the transducers to achieve the same result, albeit this latter implementation would be actually listenable while the unbiased piezo is comparably shrill to audiophiles, usually.   It's often a source of tonal-shifting.

... just my 2¢
moderate Mart

Planar Asylum

where speakers are thin & music isn't

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Wireless Invisible Acrylic Planer speaker - Mart 00:16:15 07/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.