Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Well...were waiting...(Judge Smails from Caddyshack)...

I think I should try to cook up a little upgrade comparison write-up. In another week or so I will substitute my old speakers back into the mix and compare the two with fresh ears (and measurements-- they are clearly voiced differently in upper mids and lower bass)

That said, after about 250-300 hours, the initial problems I had with coherence, depth and imaging are long gone. These speakers need lots of play time to break in, and they continue to get better each day.

They no longer require toe in to sound good. My current set up has them in a classic Limage set up; exactly ten feet from the front wall at exactly one foot from side wall, one inch toe in. Eleven feet and eight feet sound pretty good too, but there are always trade offs. Eight feet has killer, cone style bass but doesn't quite get the soundstage thing right -- it's too close to the front wall which is untreated. Eleven feet is dramatic with great near-field imaging and depth, but is somewhat claustrophobic.

Tomorrow I will probably try something slightly different....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.