Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Lunch-break' mindless ramblings on drivers integration

Thanks, Pix! Yes, the "same plane" most certainly is a large and critically important part of the integration. And, like you mentioned, other elements also affect the time domain interactions and alignments.

Yet, there has to be more at play. Let's consider this. With many true ribbon tweeter Maggies -- despite anything one may attempt -- the tweeter can easily disrupt the "oneness". Now, I must say that the 3.7 is a damn good integrated ribbon system...I don't easily lose the sense of integration when listening to them (though I still do at times depending on the program material). The 3.6R/20.1 and earlier never accomplished this integration for me. I have not really "listened" to the 20.7 yet.

OTOH, none of the single-panel/same-diaphragm Maggies has ever disrupted the integrated illusion for me (unless internally damaged). Of course, this better integration does not easily make up for other of their performance shortfalls. However, I am beginning to suspect that "better integration" means far more to me than I ever admitted to myself.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.