Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Side wall diffusion...with HK/Limage location...

I have these shelves, for lf/rt sides and random "nick-nacks" to fill them...I have been looking at this tape on the wall for months...just have not put them up...
I may be relocating 100 miles south of my current location by September, I am wonder is it worth doing???

First point of reflection is just inside the end of middle tape using the mirror test from the listening position...

The lf side is the short wall, rt the long wall...where the tape is located on rt side, works with my loveseat, rack, or chair...then mirrored on the other side, so the top self is 6" from the corner of the entry way....speakers are currently 12" off the side wall, and are going to creep them closer to the wall a 1/2" at a time...my log book says 10-1/2" was optimum distance, since going back to HK/Limage location, I just want to start there, just to see if I end up in the same spot...ear test...

I have strong bias towards diffusion making less then ideal rooms and bad materials better sounding...my cheap little fichus trees keep the beaming at bay...off the centered 42" plasma TV...condo living no choice in location...it helps what and when the sound hits my ears...IHMO...

So there it hangs...things sound great, so I do not feel I have to do this, my curiosity is the only thing driving this...diffusion décor???
Just looking for opinions...Would this improve the sound of room? Would there be any change for better or worse? No wrong or right answers...just your thoughts and experiences that you are willing to share...
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Side wall diffusion...with HK/Limage location... - Mark Man 12:28:04 06/28/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.