Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Bingo...

"That's a great thing about this hobby, everyone has their own opinion on what sounds best to them."

I seem to use the term "presentation" when it comes to liking the planar sound and admittedly is not for everyone...which is ok...

When I owned my 1.6's, I could not find a box speaker that did what they did in the same price range...

Box speakers that I liked were from Thiel, Joseph Audio, TAD and the 800 B&W nautilus series, the diamond tweeters were an improvement for that series... But all these speakers were out of my price range...when I broke the piggy bank and took the plunge to upgrade the 1.6's, I bought the Maggie 3.7's and could not be happier...

IMHO...I have to spend allot more money to get comparable sonics out of a box speakers than what I got from 1.6's and now my current 3.7's...that is the Maggie value...if I was not living in a condo, I would add a pair of Rel G2's and still be under $10K for a truly full range system...

As Maggie owners we may sacrifice deep deep bass for tuneful tight base down to about 35-37 kHz...dynamics with the 3.7's are not shy by any means...

Thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Bingo... - Mark Man 19:16:45 06/27/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.