Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MG .7 availability guesses

While my system is based on modded MMGs, the system that I helped a friend to choose years ago is based on B&W. It was clear that my friend was not into the "planar sound". It had to be good boxes for him...and really good they are. Nowadays there is a room with 802D (plus other smaller Nautilus for surround) and another room with 804S. I listen to these all often enough, and enjoy them for their many attributes.

Even in the broad strokes that you brushed the comparison, I'd have to agree with you. And when you speak about the time that each system can sustain you through continuous listening, it even brings a smile of recollection to my face. I don't often have very long blocks of listening time available to me. In those few chances that I get, I've spent 14+ hours listening to my Maggies...and still resented that I was forced to stop. In all my life, no box system has sustained my listening interest anywhere this long.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.