Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: HK/Limage

Not pretending to be an expert here, just share with you guys some of Limage's thoughts!

Limage's room is not really acoustically treated, at least not extensively. He prefers only slight absorption at the front wall.

For how to find the speaker position, please refer to the following link

If your room is more of less a perfect rectangle, and you place the speakers against the short wall, then it is very likely that your speaker will end up around 206cm from the front wall, and 309cm from the back wall. The outer edge of the speakers should be around 6” – 12” from side walls.

Now, let me tell you an interesting story, Limage’s current room is custom built, and pretty much a perfect rectangle. So, it should make no difference whether the speakers was placed in one end of the room or another. Limage’s original plan was to have the listening area closer to the entrance, so visitors would not have to walk all the way to the other side of the room. However, after moving the system into the room, he found that reversing the seating / speaker locations sounded much better. So, now you see his speaker is on the side of the entrance. We still don't understand why that happens!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: HK/Limage - thekong 02:37:45 06/26/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.