Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.7i Break-in

First let me say my room is 17x17 'box shaped' so it's a challenge to begin with.
I recently did a slight toe-in (roughly 5°) on my panels with them positioned about 29" from the left side wall, and 36" from the right side wall. There's a wide space in-between (about 8' apart) and about 9' out from the front wall. I sit about 7 1/2' in front.

The imaging can be down right spooky at times; I had a friend over visiting from out of town recently and after seeing my system he asked "what are those?"....I replied: "well sit right here", and placed him dead center on the couch. Cued up was Billie Holliday's "God bless the child" performed by none other than Aretha Franklin herself (1962)...the song starts out with orchestra on the left, orchestra on the right, no real depth per say, mostly emitting from the panels themselves..(remember this is 1962 'stereo') but almost as if on cue, an aberration of Aretha seemingly appears dead center and begins to sing her version of this timeless classic as only Aretha can.

My friend simply stated 'holy shit'....

I'll take that as a thumbs up ;)

*note- I used the term 'aberration'; a word usually associated with ghost, spirits, etc.,. but I am well aware the Queen of soul is quite alive and doing well ;)

Edits: 06/22/14 06/23/14 06/23/14 06/23/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.