Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.7i Break-in

Thanks guys. It is reassuring to hear imaging, soundstaging and depth improve with break in. I always heard about bass needing time, but was surprised at what a mess soundstaging was at first. I can hear it improve with every ten hours or so. I now have about three full days, and it is still improving.

One of my favorite tracks is Moonlight Serenade by Laurindo Almeida and Ray Brown. Until both instruments float cleanly and coherently behind each speaker I know the imaging is not yet perfect.

I will resist going tweets out for a while longer. I have a shoebox room and can't get the tweets too close to the side walls. Also, as a personal preference I react negatively to my speaker getting in the way of the image. I need the image to float in space behind the panels. Tweets out destroys this illusion for me. That is just me. (Or is it? Does anyone else get bothered by the panels getting in the way of the stage?)

However, all that said, if I can't get the tweets in to work in a few hundred hours and various configurations. I will give tweets out a spin.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.