Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: HK/Limage

Although I am now struggling with a new pair of 3.7i's, until earlier this week I had my IIIa's with the tweets inside about 36 inches from the side walls. Anything beyond a few inches of toe in and the "floating image thing" behind the speakers disappears. I do not know why, though I assumed it was because rear wave loudness dominates front wave with less toe in??

In my room with the old speakers, I used a pair of DWMs to supplement upper bass which got thin when the main panels were eight to ten feet out from the front wall (in my room, the further out from the front wall the less upper bass I get and the more really deep bass I get. At three sevenths of the way out I was flat at 30 hz, but needed reinforcement in the 80 to 200 range, which DWMs fill perfectly). Anyone else needing upper bass reinforcement and wanting a set up WAY out from the front wall, should consider DWMs. They are not subs, they are mid/upper bass reinforcers. They allow perfect bass smoothing and reinforcement.

Right now I am still trying to get the new speakers (and DWMs) set up properly. I have failed so far. One problem may be that my speaker cables are not long enough without the extra room I gained from having the external crossover box. That and the fact that the imaging is still firming up with break in.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.