Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "Air Mod"?

They still have the original burlap socks.

Definitely need to upgrade those as the originals deaden the top end response.

If you could tell me what size or how much spandex is needed to do both 1+1's. Is it a special grade of spandex that slips over like a sock.

What I did was remove the old ones and took one to a clothing alterations shop. I told them I wanted to make new socks and the lady provided an estimate of the number of yards required. Sorry - I don't remember the answer! I went to the local Hancock Fabric store and found the most open spandex (stretch fabric used mainly for athletic clothing) and brought it to the seamstress. She cut them to length and sewed them lengthwise in a tube such that the seam runs down the back. I told her that I wanted the fabric stretched tightly such that you can see through it - just like the way my Sound Lab U-1s came from the factory. Total cost was about $100 for materials and labor.

One was replace the Monster cable Stat.

I think its same to assume if you had the original wire that looked like this:

then, he would replace it! The oxidation caused an artificial hard brightness on top.

Ideally, you would use a heat gun, but a high powered hair dryer does work. The mylar stretches over time and causes the surface to "wrinkle". Passing the dryer over the surface at a couple of inches at an angle with a slow constant motion will gradually cause the diaphragm to contract and return to its original tension. Works the same way as weatherproofing kits that use a thin sheet of mylar over a windowsill. You tape around the periphery and use a dryer to pull the surface tight.

If Roy has some extra Medallion transformers, I would be interested in what it might cost to upgrade them. I already purchased the 47uF film caps and would like to be able to put them to use.

Edits: 04/18/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.