Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: After living with them for over twenty years...

I've heard that combo together. Back in the day, of course. And the 6's with the 23.5. And through ML pre-amps.

In my opinion, you will have to spend a lot more and take a lot of time to move into lets say a half step up.

What I heard through them was obviously vinyl and all rock stuff. Supertramp type stuff, for example. Razor sharp. And, they also did that ML dynamics so when the music turns it up a notch, the speakers are right there. I don't think very many speakers do that kind of thing very well.

But that ML extracts the info these speakers can produce. You need a high quality amp for that extraction. And, a pre-amp. That will cost more than the speakers and watch out if those caps need replacing. That cost alone is > the speakers.

But I see no reason to not get 12-15 years of top shelf sound from that.
I guess you need to dig up some reference recordings for the audition. That's important as well and it'll be exciting for sure.

good luck.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: After living with them for over twenty years... - zadfrak@gmail.com 04:54:18 04/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.