Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Help with Tri-Center!

I tried a tri-center setup about three years ago - in a different space from the one I am in now - & with slightly different speaker array (20.1s, CC3 & MC1s). Even after several conversations with the folks at Magnepan, I never got it to work as I was led to believe it should. At that time it seemed that Magnepan weren't entirely sure how/why it worked & so their advice was a little vague & limited to relatively few cases. I do remember Wendell strongly advocated using the top of their line speakers for this set-up & suggested that some of the problems I was having might be due to my using the CC3 rather than the CCR. I had problems with both wiring - how to hook all the speakers up correctly in my setup - & positioning (the room was in an old brownstone & not a perfectly square box). For a variety of reasons I gave up the experiment before I got results that were anywhere near what I'd been led to anticipate. I did, however, benefit from an email exchange with someone on here who had one of the original tri-center setups (his system is the one pictured on the Magnepan site). He's a member here & may contribute to this thread - & if you haven't yet, you should try searching the archives for "tri-center". I'd be happy to answer any questions I can (PM if you wish) but I am not sure I have the answers you need ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.