Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Help with Tri-Center!

I wanted to reach out to fellow Magnepan lovers that have worked with the tri-center concept. My current setup is a pair of 1.7's, tri-center consisting of CC5 and MC1's, and is crossed over at 200 Hz. Each panel has a dedicated amplifier channel. The MC1's are wall mounted and the CC5 is cantilever mounted, extending 20 inches from the wall. I have a potentiometer to control the volume level between the CC5 and the MC1's.

I have been experimenting with many different combinations of phase/volume/angles/distances, and I just cannot seem to get the wonderful improvements that others are able to achieve using Dolby Pro Logic II Movie. Each time I switch between tri-center and stereo, my wife and I both prefer stereo. It seems as if tri-center squashes the image and everything comes from the center. The air and details of the 1.7's are lost and the sound is flat, like a Magnepan pushed up against a wall (go figure, that's what the tri-center is).

So, I am just about ready to give up. I think Magnepan is working on the restraining order against me right now for calling so many times, to no avail. If anybody has worked with or setup a tri-center, I would love to discuss specific setup points that worked or helped. Help me, Please!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Help with Tri-Center! - dclamb2 07:55:01 04/16/14 (23)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.