Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Crossover for ESL63/Gradient SW63

Hi and greetings to all,

I am new here having discovered this sub-asylum whilst seeking information about XO's for the Quad/Gradient combination.

Out of the speakers I've heard at home the ESL63s are my favourite and I am hoping to add SW63s.

I bought a pair of very old shabby SW63s (serial number 5) and replaced the driver surrounds.

I have two power amps waiting to go (F series Audiolab 8000P & Audiolab 8000Px) and sources are Michell Gyro SE and an Audiolab CDQ.

Finally the question - can anybody point me towards good sounding crossover options? My budget is limited, there's no way I could afford the cost of Gradient's XO.

I've seen the MT Audio design but it is no longer in production. So am thinking about maybe a simple capacitor in line filter for ESL 63 and maybe a miniDSP or even Behringer device to filter and EQ the bass.

Am a bit perplexed though how I will control the balance between the two lines with this approach.

Has anybody any thoughts how to make this work or suggestions for alternative approaches?

thank you

Robin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Crossover for ESL63/Gradient SW63 - robn7777777@aol.com 09:29:40 04/04/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.