Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: No, neo, I used AD826 (much better than OPA2134, IMO!!). ...

Well, I thought the purpose of laser trimming was to eliminate the DC offset but more knowledgeable people than I (that means the rest of you guys) could correct me. In any case, the offset should only be a few mv (<10) without trimming and almost all the newer opamps are trimmed.

Have you discussed it with Rod Elliott to see why the problem exists?

BTW I have toyed with the idea of changing the OPA2134s but have never gotten around to it. Can you really hear a difference between the AD826 and OPA2134. At this point in my life I have reached audio nirvana as I can barely hear my wife in the background when I am listening. I think that is what is meant by a "blacker background" because when I get done with my listening sessions, there seems to be a dark cloud in the room :).

BTW since you seem to be headed toward a JFET DIY have you given thought to making it balanced rather than single- ended?

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

Edits: 04/01/14 04/01/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.