Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Why do you say it's "a step backwards", Davey? ...

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that there is actually feedback employed in those JFET buffer stages. (It's not obvious, but it's there.) Most folks just analyze schematics looking for global feedback loops and if they don't see one assume it's a "no-feedback" design.
Of course, all this presumes that feedback is a bad thing. Many good audio design engineers would disagree with that. :)

"Easily" is not the correct word. Sorry. However, you could scab some daughtered breadboard type things into the P09 pcb and achieve. Probably though, the best approach would be to use different active crossover boards that have servo correction built on already. I've seen some nice DIY boards on DIYaudio.com a few years back. There was even a group buy IIRC.

Regardless, you should achieve a good result using those buffered passive circuits and it will be an excellent learning experience.

Cheers,

Dave.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Why do you say it's "a step backwards", Davey? ... - Davey 19:34:22 03/30/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.