Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Why two subs at 50 Hz

Well, the truth is that they do come kind of unbalanced at the bottom from factory. I guess that's part of the tuning dots role.

At home, the MMG placed on the right side of the room always gets a boost from the concrete wall under the drywall. Then the MMG on the left side "sees" more empty drywall, which does not boost bass so much.

OTOH, one of my MMGs -- itself -- shoots up to 3db more peak at around 60hz than the other MMG, "by design". It would seem wise to put the peaky one away from the concrete wall. No being wise enough, guess what. This peaky one wound up on the RIGHT side. That's for me to be able to listen in tweeter-in mode, which I prefer in this room.

Therefore, that 60hz-area peak gets reinforced. The irony is that all of the above is "as measured".

When listening comes into play, the actual channel balance contrast in the 90hz area is perceived as nowhere close to what the measurements said. I am guessing that the imbalance gets "corrected" between the dipole dynamics and my unbalanced brain cell, LOL!

Edits: 03/28/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Why two subs at 50 Hz - JBen 20:39:20 03/28/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.