Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: polarity and rf chokes

I've kept thinking about you and your original-model MMGs ever since your earlier posts weeks ago. The thought in my head has been that you may be able to take a tweaking shortcut by just bringing your MMGs over and try my mods here.

They are exactly the same model. Most of the mods to my MMGs can be tested on yours -- quickly -- because I had to keep mine in "prototype mode" for a year. This mode is needed while I finish a long-term test. The test is actually about to end which means that I can finally "unfreeze" things and move items around. So, your MMGs could take the spots of mine and even enjoy the PLLXO setup plus a few other goodies.

Unfortunately, my free time has been a bit scarce lately. I'll let you know as soon as I see an opportunity, in case you are interested. I am hoping this will be within 4 weeks.

In the meantime, see if you can go listen to the 1.7, 3.7 and/or 20.7 at our local Magnepan dealer for a serious hour or two. Use music of your own that you can bring here later for evaluation at my place. Include music for which you "currently" need a subwoofer at home. Some of these will not need such a thing when under test here (I hardly use mine). In fact, your MMGs may even throw a "1.7i" impersonation while here (LOL!).

Or, you may simply want to come visit and just listen to mine. However, since my time limitations are the same, I thought of using the available time for a hands-on workshop/demo on your own MMGs. Then you could quickly go to apply what you liked.

Edits: 03/27/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: polarity and rf chokes - JBen 21:53:29 03/27/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.