Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "My bananas are rounded on the tip" ...

Blue Jeans Cable appears to have a 'locking' banana plug which might be useful (and safer)?

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm?PHPSESSID=fcf3a493c642973a4819eecfef282bc3

Perhaps it only appears that way, but if these "spring cylinder" plugs were inserted and pulled many times, the threads within the barrels (which accept the set screws) might get damaged. I accomplished that by over many years merely tight fastening the set screws onto Magnepan's solid steel 'U' shaped jumper. Unless the listener needs to quickly and repeatedly insert and remove such thingies, fastening down on bare wire seems to be best idea, particularly if thick gauge speaker cable is used. However, a sizable number of inmates connect up very thin speaker wire, so that fastening down on those might be problematic. Perhaps then the best recourse is to solder that wire into a banana? If a banana will be fastened using the set screws, I feel any banana will serve the purpose. (Yet, I've widened the spaces between the spines of standard bananas using the tip of a jeweler's type screw driver, whenever I felt the need for more traction, also which can be repeated many times.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.