Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: tweaks for Logans?

I usually suggest VersaLabs:Red-Roller ferrite beeds on whatever power cord you own if they can fit. Others suggest Shunyata & Granite-Audio power cords. Some have installed Bybee filters to the panels.

Currently, I was proposing to a fellow the possibility of using high-voltage line-gear capacitors in lieu of an AC line. I figure charging up a single farad multi-kilovolt cap would provide a proper noise free DC source for the center static panel as you disconnect the ESL completely from the AC for serious listening. This just occurred to me as an obvious analogy to those who've modified their audiophile sources to use battery-power. Why it took so long is beyond me, but I should include a resistor between the cap & the AC line lest one jolts the cap while charging it up.

I also remember someone liked mounting the CLS on wooden blocks.

Another popular issue is Zero auto transformers if you are using tube amps.

Finally, there is always the conventional approach of simply upgrading the components inside.

In any event, please send me something afterwards, I'd like any of these documented for the next Martin-Logan question. I'm still awaiting those who have so I can start a ESL section. I'm sure you've seen that I fully intend to under the [TWEAKS] page.

....just my 2¢

» moderate Mart £ «

Planar Asylum

where the speakers are thin but the music is anything but

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.